Energy load analysis & budgeting
Energy load profiling allows you to forecast energy consumption and track budgets across multiple properties to boost performance.
The benefits of load profiling and a common budgeting system on all the sites in your portfolio
Tracking utility usage requires crunching data, navigating regulations, and understanding market rates and many variables. You need expert analytical skills to make sense of it and to use it to reduce consumption and save money.
Our load profiling and budgeting service will:
- Provide consistent analysis and reporting between properties or sites.
- Allow for comparative benchmarking.
- Identify best practices.
- Determine capital upgrades needed to reduce operating costs.
- Save you and your operation time, energy, and money.
Making sense of the energy market
How we create an energy usage model
Solution 105 will create a detailed usage analysis and budget. First, we collect raw utility data to assess your load profile and better understand how and when your sites consume energy. Then, we will start researching and analyzing the effects on your energy consumption. For example, we’ll ask questions about past consumption and what factors have affected usage. These factors could include weather, vacancy rates, operational conditions, previous energy efficiency projects, production schedules, etc.
Here are the steps we will take:
- Obtain the latest metering data from the historical utility.
- Gather the monthly billing data for your site(s) for the same period.
- Obtain site-specific parameters broken down by day, week, and month. These parameters will include any significant changes in factors like hours of operation, weather, production schedules, vacancy, significant operational changes, etc.
- Use the detailed metering and site-specific information available to determine the effect of all variables on daily energy usage.
- Determine the hourly load profiles where applicable.
- Confirm the theoretical baseline curve against actual usage information.
The above steps allow Solution 105 to create a usage model to forecast your sites or facilities’ historical and current load profiles. This model will give a much more detailed understanding of expected operations and allow you to make changes that save energy and money.
How an energy usage model saves energy
Once we know how you’re consuming energy and what affects your usage, we can accurately forecast future consumption. We can predict yearly, monthly, daily and even hour-by-hour estimates of your consumption. That’s powerful information for determining deviations in your budget and creating a common budgeting system.
Contact us for more details and to start saving.
Utility Budget Creation
Welcome to your new and improved detailed common budgeting system!
This last step is perhaps the most valuable! After taking the steps above, Solution 105 will provide a final common budgeting system across all your sites. The budget will break down the diverse and complex retail, transportation, and other regulated charges to see overall end costs. In addition, the final budget will include month-to-month expenses.
Solution 105 will take the following steps for each of your utility meters:
- Develop a calculation model for the transportation cost based on each utility’s approved distribution and transmission rates. Then we’ll apply the historic load pattern.
- Apply the forecast load profile to determine the expected retail cost.
- Determine additional costs of delivering energy to arrive at a ‘total expected cost’ value.
Solution 105 has provided load profiling, usage models, budget creation, and accurate consumption forecasts for a wide variety of clients. In addition, we’ve provided forecasts with an average variation of less than 3%.
These companies rely on us to save them time and energy with professional expertise. We can do the same for you.
Contact the professional energy consultants at Solution 105 today!